Skip to main content

Happy birthday Willow!

happy birthday to my sweet babylove, willow!  i cannot believe she turned four yesterday.  we had her birthday party today with a lot of family and friends.  it was a success!  she played with tons of kids and devoured a lot of cake and opened a bunch of great gifts.  (I can't believe she is still awake after running around for four hours and not having a nap) her little brother, keegan, is already pooped out on the couch along with his daddy.  she and i are sitting at the kitchen table while she rummages through all of her fun gifts and i type. 

sooooo, the party theme? rainbow, of course! probably been hot for quite a while, and maybe i am on the late train but i am ok with that. i think we did a pretty good job at what we accomplished! i didn't do any treat bags or activities. we pretty much do food, gifts, cake around here. i am hoping to include more fun things as she gets older and gets a bigger fan base, lol, aka more friends from school.   i must say that i pinned a bazillion things on Pinterest (omg, i just put my first link on here....giddy!)  :)  i used the idea for the kool-aid cubes with sprite on a bigger scale. 


 my sissy, lisa, so lovingly <3 hung up the crepe paper around our light and shelves in my kitchen.  jason, my husband blew up the balloons. 

 i made the banner with my cricut and some stickers that i had on hand.  necessity is always the mother of invention because i had really run out of time and couldn't cut out letters and these little guys came in so handy! 

 this is the cake table.  i got the cupcake toppers from a free rainbow printable packet from paperglitter and also used the invites as well.  the cupcakes were multicolored (time consuming but pretty!) and white.  i made the subway art with my cricut using various fonts and vinyl.  one of my new loves is vinyl!  there are two glass containers that have jelly beans in them that later held pinwheels made with the cricut as well.


 my beautiful babygirl blowing our her candles....took a few times to blow out 13 candles!
 the rainbow cake....i was hesitant, at first, to use too much food coloring so the red turned out looking more like pink, but the wow factor still was achieved.
                             one more personalized decoration i made. 
close up of the subway art i made for willow sophia
                                           close up of the banner

 one very tired baby love.  i hope she is dreaming about what a great day it was spending time with our very much loved family and friends.
 and my baby boy with his sweet pink cheeks from playing outside on the most perfect day in march to have a birthday party for his big sissy!   i LOVE this man!
 daddy and keegan holding the first present that she got from Grandma, our next door neighbor.  her name is Mary, but her family has always called her Grandma, so we do too!  she is sweet as pie!
tomorrow is big daddy's birthday!  yay!  his birthday will not be near as extravagant.  i am thinking i might look up my pins on the awesome pancakes michelle makes!  i bet he would like breakfast in bed! 
sweet dreams!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tooth fairy box

We had a momentous occasion take place this past weekend.  My daughter lost her first tooth!  She was so excited when she realized that I had pulled it out.  I knew we had to make something special to keep that little bitty guy from getting lost.  Here is what we came up with:         We dug in our huge stock of craft stuff and found a little oval paper mache box.  It is about 3 3/4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide.  Still big for a baby tooth but also big enough to fit a little trinket and some coins from a winged fairy who spreads glitter and magic in exchange for them.  :)    I negotiated hard for the printed paper.  It is from the Emma's Shoppe Collection Fabrics from Crate Paper .  I showed my daughter many different prints and she wasn't interested.  She chose the solid pink and blue and I had to tell her I would hardly use the floral at all.  Tough sell!  First, I hot glued 4 plain wooden beads on the bottom of the box to make feet.  I then measur

a gift for a baby girl

A little over a year ago a sweet baby girl named Lila was born.  I had never met her.  My husband worked with her father and had asked me to make a gift for her.  I quickly obliged since it meant being able to use my craft goodies.  After thinking a while, I decided upon a foot stool and some blocks.  My cousin gave me a stool at my daughter's baby shower five and a half years ago and it is the single most thing we use.  Every day.  So much so that I had to make another one  for my son since my children were getting too big to both stand on it at the same time.  Seriously, if you are scrambling for a gift that will stand out and be remembered, a stool will do it.  Even if you aren't creative, you can just paint the thing and be finished.  I got the stool and blocks at Hobby Lobby.  If you go there weekly, like I do, (did) you can figure out when things will be on sale so you don't have to pay full price, or you can just use that precious 40% off coupon that comes out week

some card eye candy/is scraplifting ok?

We have another snow day today!  It has finally stopped, but not before giving us a good 8 inches of that powdery stuff.  Hurray!  We played outside twice today before the bitter cold chased us back inside.  It was so much fun.  Now that I'm back inside and warm, I wanted to share a few cards that I made a while back.  I need to put a disclaimer out there before you see them.  Many times I am not that creative.  I need a jumping off point so I will browse around until I see an idea of what I am wanting to make and then I make it my own with what I have.  It is not exactly scraplifting   per se, because I don't make scrapbook pages, but in essence it is because I am getting inspiration from someone else's work.  There are a lot of arguments about whether or not it is appropriate.  Personally I think it is ok because I almost never have the same exact papers or supplies that were used in a particular project.   I usually subtract or add elements as well.  I mean, card-makin